Even though I’ve owned one for a while, I’ve just begun to fully appreciate the value of my tuxedo jacket. It was an inexpensive impulse buy at Forever 21 that fit well and suited my simple taste. I attended the season two House of Cards premiere a few weeks ago and wanted something comfortable but classy. Additionally, I needed an ensemble that would be appropriate for work and the red carpet. I threw on my black tuxedo jacket over a white tank with dark skinny jeans, black pumps, and a long gold necklace to add some glitz. The outfit seamlessly took me from the office to Hollywood and reminded me the value of this stylish piece of menswear. A well-fitting tuxedo jacket can dress up a pair of jeans or keep you warm in evening-wear, without detracting from your look. In honor of today’s Academy Awards, here are some options where your style and budget can intersect.
1. Forever 21 Tuxedo-Inspired Jacket ($27.80)
2. Forever 21 Woven Tuxedo Jacket ($27.80)
3. Express 27 Inch White Tuxedo Jacket ($118)
4. rag & bone Odessa Blazer ($595; on sale for $415!)
5. H&M Tuxedo Jacket – available in black, red, white (pictured), golden brown or dark blue ($34.95)
6. Michael Kors Double Crepe Tuxedo Jacket ($2,250)