It isn’t often that LA demands rain-gear, but I think a trench coat is an essential part of a woman’s wardrobe. I’ve been on the hunt for years and made some bad purchases along the way. While studying abroad in Paris I got caught up in the excitement of the July sales and bought a pale pink trench that was pretty in theory, but fit poorly and dirtied quickly. On a shopping spree at Citadel Outlets, a deep coral trench on sale caught my eye and subsequently sat in my closet unworn for over two years. I’ve realized instead of looking for a good deal or something that seems more “me” I need to trust that the classic is classic for a reason and stop over-thinking it. It doesn’t hurt that some retailers consider trenches out of season so it’s a great time to save.
1. H&M Trenchcoat ($49.95)
2. Vince Camuto Tie Waist Trench Coat ($199; on sale for $119.40!)
3. Via Spiga Scarpa Double Breasted Trench Coat ($220; on sale for $110!)
4. Collection Ellen Tracy Short Hooded Trench ($298; on sale for $179.90!)
5. Gap Classic Trench ($128)
6. J. Crew Collection Icon Trench ($298)