My infrequent trips home require a lot of prep by my mom and I’m as excited to see her as I am to eat. We typically go out for meals instead of dining on homemade cuisine, but my mom’s dessert game is on point. Here are my favorites that are always awaiting my arrival.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge:
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- A Dash of Salt
- 1 Cup of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Remove from heat once smooth and add peanut butter chips while stirring to distribute evenly.
- Once mixed but before chips start to melt, spread mixture into foil-lined pan and refrigerate for two hours.
- Lift foil from pan and dice to desired size of fudge pieces.
Chow Mein Crunchies:
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Package (6 oz) Butterscotch Morsels
- 1 Can (3 oz) Chow Mein Noodles
- Combine peanut butter and butterscotch morsels in a double boiler over low heat and stir until melted.
- Mix in Chow Mein Noodles. Once noodles are coated, drop by teaspoon on waxed paper and chill in the fridge until hard.